Source of Supervision
Reporting to the Project Manager or General Manager depending on site, the Project Superintendent is responsible to oversee all aspects of safe project execution for Legend Mining.
- In alignment with Legend Mining culture, ensure activities are executed safely, work standards are met, and policies and procedures are followed, and work meets the quality requirements of our clients.
- Understand the role of coach and mentor and engage the supervisors and teams in key performance indicators sharing in challenges, looking for input and celebrating in successes.
- Build relationships with the client, working constructively to meet obligations and overcome challenges.
- Be able to rise to the day-to-day challenges that typically exist in our environment with help of the Legend Mining team
- Monitor work progress and performance, work closely with project controls and finance to ensure rigor in reporting and invoicing measures.
- Anticipate requirements for team, review prints and job detail and ensure all tools and materials are available when needed
- Participate in recruitment and staffing
- Be courageous but thoughtful when dealing with personnel within or outside of team
- Demonstrate felt leadership actively participating in day to day activities
- Participate in tender assembly and review where possible
- Own the role
- High school diploma, 5 to 7 years in an operating underground environment in a leadership role demonstrating senior level activity.
- Supervisors Common Core
- Working knowledge of underground mining operations including safety, quality, production, maintenance, equipment and resource utilization
- Leadership qualities including character, teamwork, communication, business sense and vision
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment understanding the importance of relationships
- Understanding of health, safety and environmental regulations
- Understanding of mining methods and terminology
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to coach and mentor crews to achieve personal and team safety and productivity goals
- Competency with computers
- Independent work habits
- Values the importance of helping your team be safe and productive
We are looking for a team player with a proven record of safety and reliability.
VALID ONTARIO UNDERGROUND HARDROCK COMMON CORE (program 770010)
Please include your Common Core transcripts and Norcat / Vale Contractor # with your resume.
Please note that only those who meet or exceed the above qualifications AND experience requirements will be considered.
This is a full-time roll intended not to be related to specific work but to continue to build strength and capability within the Legend team. Legend Mining understands the importance of a stable work environment and a positive work culture. Legend Mining offers a great working environment, a committed team of professionals that are engaged in growing our business and participate in its success. This role offers a very competitive compensation package, a company vehicle, and a comprehensive benefits package.